Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Lip attack....

I am obsessed with lipstick at the moment....

Revlon - Fire & Ice

My current favourite is Revlon's classic Fire & Ice (above) which is the perfect blue red, works well on every complexion and is so popular it has been around since the 1950's.
I highly recommend it because the texture is very smooth, it doesn't dry your lips like most and the colour lasts for ages, not to mention it is great value at under £8 (I bought mine from Boots).

The original advertisement

However, one lipstick is not enough for me and today I had to feed the addiction and add to my already large collection of 6 different toned Reds and Corals (yes, highly unnecessary I know), so I decided to branch out and get myself a very bright coral-orange tone (Kiss Me by Rimmel) and a bright fuchsia pink (Shocking Pink by Rimmel) and with a free mascara to boot - hooray, no justification needed!

My two new acquisitions!

I read a great article in this weeks Stylist magazine about all the new bright tones available at the moment, this is due to the high number of Runway shows keeping the make up looks simple and concentrating on bright lips for SS11, so the selection on the high street is a lot more exciting than usual and now is the perfect time to buy them!

Lipstick suits all sorts of complexions!

I think bright lipstick is the quickest and easiest way to do your make up, all you need to do is keep the rest of the make up minimal and it should look great, be brave and try it out, it always makes me feel much more confident and polished than when I don't wear it, not to mention being great at diverting attention from other areas you might want people to notice ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment