Pages

Sunday 26 September 2010

collection time....

THIS wonderful blog 'A collection a day, 2010' by artist Lisa Congdon is my latest obsession - appealing to the retentive and hoarder aspects of my personality in equal measure and pretty wonderful to look at too (and the good news is that her collection photographs are now being turned into a book).....

Day 235 - Vintage sewing ephemera, supplies, packaging.
Image by Lisa Congdon via : A collection a day, 2010

Day 259 - Tiny vintage plastic and metal toys.
Image by Lisa Congdon via : A collection a day, 2010

Here is the story behind it as she explains on her blog :

"This is a blog documenting a project that will span exactly one year, from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. On each of those 365 days, I will photograph or draw (and occasionally paint) one collection. Most of the collections are real and exist in my home or studio; those I will photograph. Some are imagined; those I will draw or (occasionally) paint.

Since I was a young girl, I have been obsessed both with collecting and with arranging, organizing and displaying my collections. This is my attempt to document my collections, both the real and the imagined. Some of my collections are so large that I will need to photograph them separately over several days. I will likely not attempt to photograph collections in which the individual pieces are large in size or awkward in shape (i.e. my art collection or vintage enamel dishware collection). The only rule is that I must photograph or draw a whole or part of a collection each day for 365 days and post the result here on this blog."

Day 241 - Vintage ephemera.
Image by Lisa Congdon via : A collection a day, 2010

Day 249 - Vintage French flash cards (part tw0).
Image by Lisa Congdon via : A collection a day, 2010

I also really like Lisa's other artistic work which can be found HERE on her personal art blog, along with some wonderful photos of her work and adorable doggy wilfredo!


No comments:

Post a Comment